Skip to content
- Always put in a contingency for plumbing/electrical on these older homes. Once the walls are opened up, if there is knob and tube, you have to fix it.
- Once walls or ceiling is opened up the inspector is going to want wired smoke detectors.
- Get the architect and the city inspectors on board early, they can slow things down very easily.
- All of the surprises and possible changes occur during the demo phase.
- Once you open up a wall, you are responsible for all of the electrical in that wall being to code.
- There will be no exterior painting our beautiful dark gray with white trim once winter sets in here in Michigan. Buy brick exteriors for now!
- The property is going to sell much faster if it is staged – let’s test that out.